We have all been there. At some point in our lives, we question ourselves. Are we doing good enough? Should we be doing all the things we are doing, should we listen to all the people that are saying we are wrong? A certain level of self doubt is good because it indicates you understand what you need to improve in order to do a better job (remembering that doesn’t mean what you are doing is not good!). However, persistent fear and self doubt can hugely affect your life, in a bad way.
Self doubt can keep you stuck. Self doubt weakens your self will, it breeds procrastination, it opens you up to regrets and self pity, it kills personal growth, it hinders creativity. Self doubt should not be give the power to determine our success. By recognizing the dangers of self doubt you can fight its ill effects more easily.
Common causes of self doubt are
1) Past experience and mistakes.
2) Childhood upbringing e.g. being raised by parents and teachers that constantly tell you that you are not good enough. In this case tell yourself that you are a grown up now and this is YOUR LIFE!
3) Comparisons with others
4)The rise of new challenges
5) Fear of failure or even fear of success.
Some ways to over come self doubt
1) Stop making excuses
2) Beware of your close circle
3) Raise your self awareness
4) Practice self compassion
5) Stop asking for validation
6) Don’t talk about your plans
7) Trust your values
8) Just START DOING!
For me it is making my mission bigger than my fear.
What is your strategy.
Please share this with someone who needs to hear this message today.